2009-05-03

Before I had you!

Yine Fernando Pessoa ve yine Alberto Caeiro olduğu bir an...

Before I had you,
I loved Nature as a calm monk loves Christ.
Now I love Nature
As a calm monk loves the Virgin Mary,
Religiously (in my manner), like before,
But in a more heartfelt and intimate way.
I see the rivers better when I walk with you
Through the fields to the rivers' banks.
When I sit next to you and watch the clouds
I see them much more clearly.
You haven't taken Nature from me,
You've changed Nature.
You've brought Nature closer.
Because you exist I see it better, though the same as before.
Because you love me I love it in the same way, but more.
Because you choose me to have you and love you
My eyes gaze at it more than at anything.
I don't regret what I was before, for I am still what I was.

Alberto Caeiro - 6 Temmuz 1914

2 yorum:

divadeiwob dedi ki...

bu belki de binlerce kez okuduğum ( senin on binler olabilir:)) şiiri tekrar okuttuğun için teşekkürler.

bir de fernandopessoa.blogspot.com adresinde bu şiirin o kadar kötü bir çevirisi var ki akıllara zarar. Adı "When I didn't have you" peh!

headcleaner dedi ki...

Benim alıntıladığım, Richard Zenith'in çeviri dalında Pen Award kazanmış "Fernando Pessoa & Co. - Selected Poems" adlı kitap... En iyi Pessoa araştırmacılarından biri olarak da tanınıyor... Tabucchi gibi "ulan hadi portekizce öğrenip orjinalini okuyalım" diyemediğimizden Zenith'in ellerine teslim etmiş durumdayız Pessoa'yı... Ama Casa Fernando Pessoa yöneticisi, gazeteci/yazar Clara Ferreira Alves'in dediğine göre güvenilir ellere teslim etmişiz...

Heliantus Annus

Su perisi Clytia, Apollo'ya ölesiye aşıktır. Apollo ise Leucothea'ya aşık olduğundan beri onunla ilgilenmemektedir. Clytia, Apollo...